Thursday, September 22, 2005

wreaking havoc at school

This is how my day went...
There is a man that is a special education aide at our school. I do not even know his name, but he is about my age, maybe a little older & has impeccable bearing and always wears his clothes with a knife edge crease, perhaps an old military guy. As I passed him in the hall the other day, I said, "I just want to tell you how nice you always look". The poor fellow blushed and responded as though I had said something not only indecent but unnatural.
Later on that day, one of my emotionally disturbed children ran away (not an unusual or in itself an alarming occurrance) so I went into the boy's bathroom to get him. Who should be there, but  Mr. Shy Man. I tried to make a joke of it, but he remained unamused.What the heck, we do have teacher's bathrooms, I never expected a grown up in there!
I had to leave early to take my mom to the doc, but was stymied from making a quick getawayby a car blocking me in. When I finally found the man who had barred my way, I was chatting with him when another teacher walked by and said, "Got another one , I see".
Yes, I am getting quite a rep in this school!
That loose special needs teacher!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now you've done it ... you'll never live it down.
Bon & Mal

Anonymous said...

LOL   at least you're having some fun after the storm:-)   great to see you online again   i've missed you!~kbear

Anonymous said...

    Can't keep your paws to yourself, can you? New school, new victims. Funny entry. Eventually everyone will realize just how sweet you are and you will all laugh about this. Have a better day tomorrow.
Jude
http://journals.aol.com/JMoranCoyle/MyWay

Anonymous said...

Dear Marti, ((((( Marti)))))))
Awww They dont call you Sunnyside for nothing'! You alwasy cheer us up here!:):)
tell the guy that!
It's sad though Marti youare the only one who even compliments him think about it
An angel couldnt have done more
love,nat

Anonymous said...

Shameless hussie! LOL LOL!
Good to see you back.
Put a Smile on your face and a song in your heart.

Wishing you health, happiness and laughter.
TJ~

http://journals.aol.com/paisleyskys/PaisleySkys
http://journals.aol.com/vaultofsecrets/MoonDancer

Anonymous said...

LOL  Ohh Marti..you are already making a name for yourself in the school!!
   That pooor man....first you admire him IN his clothes....then apparently you wanted to see what he looked like OUT of them!!LOL
   Keep up the good work!
       Marie inTN

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you're back!
Judith
http://journals.aol.com/jtuwliens/MirrorMirrorontheWall

Anonymous said...

Oh, don't you just cringe at small minds with big busy accusatory tongues.  They need to be made to sit down and read a few scriptures "judge lest ye be judged" and I've got a whole bunch of plattitudes . . .  "people in glass houses, need to step away from the rock pile and go make a child feel better about himself/herself!!!"

GGRR . . .  it's painful to think about us having such small gossip-addicted minds teaching our little children (with their open hearts and innocent minds) .  Kids don't care about how much $$$ you possess, size of your house, do you have a summer home . . .   they just care about whether or not YOU care.

That school is so lucky to have you.  Having the patience to teach special needs children for so many years quite simply means that your heart is made of the finest gold and I, for one, SALUTE YOU!  (((((BIGBEARHUGS)))))

You're the best, Marti.  You're my hero!

Anonymous said...

LOL well, I think you were just trying to be nice, and obviously he doesn't know how to take a compliment! Now see, I'm a twisted type soul sometimes, if this guy was so stiff like that too me, I'd go out of my way to talk to him and eventually get him to speak! If not, it's good journal material!
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

oh, you gave me a grin this am. judi