Thursday, April 19, 2007

Stating the Obvious

I don't generally write about news topics.

 

I write about positive things

Things I want to remember

I certainly want to forget the twisted face of the pathetic man who killed 32 people at Virginia Tech.

But I have to say this.

All the talk...

Who should have known.....

What should have been done......

Is futile.

 

If he was not allowed by law to walk into a store and purchase an instrument designed for nothing but killling people,

He could have been crazy all day long

And those people would be with their friends and family today.

 

I also want to add, that as an elementary teacher, I can name ,right off the top of my head, three children I fear may hurt someone one day.

They are being helped as much as possible in a school setting.

I am afraid their parents have guns, so I don't say too much.

I wonder if they will be able to purchase a firearm one day.

I wonder if I will see their picture on the news.

 

When I see this shooter's image

All across the media

I feel he got what he wanted at last.

The man who never spoke was heard.

I wonder who else is watching...lonely...sick

saying "32, that's a record."

And we know what records are made for.

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please know that not all people that own guns are bad people. My husband and I love guns and we love to shoot. However we take great care of our weapons and our children. EVERY gun is locked up in a huge safe and no one can get into it. I feel your pain, There are some students out there that scare me!
Kelli
http://journals.aol.com/kamdghwmw/noonmom

Anonymous said...

Yes, so sad.  Yeah, and what a record we have the distinction of holding... God please forbid it to be broken... I know... I see kids that I worry about...

My heart just breaks over it all.

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

words well chosen!  

Many yers ago, great minds spoke and warned of the danger of mixing freedom and media together.  There are some who thirst to be noticed, they will go to any extreme just to be heard....I am praying hard, that no one is thinking of 33 as the the extreme.
Peace ....Marc

Anonymous said...

We will always have sick and twisted souls among us.  Some even manage to rise to power; then unleash thier madness.  Anyone intent on distruction will find a way to it.  Some for fame.  Some for a sense of power.  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

    My dear God, this whole situation hurts so badly. I can't imagine losing one of my children like that. I can't imagine what these people are going through. I heartily agree about the weapons.
Jude
http://journals.aol.com/jmorancoyle/MyWay

Anonymous said...

Scary words. I too look at a handful of kids every day and though I love them and listen to them, they still must contend with their peers. Social skills must be learned for kids to fit in. Friends must be made, friends who offer support and encouragment when life throws those foul punches. Kids need a very big network of support, kind of like that commercial about the cell phone... the one that comes with all the reliable support. That's what kids need as they grow up, and then, as they get older, some of that support can be released. A little bit at a time. Some kids will need it for a longer time, and some not quite so much. Teachers know what scaffolding is... I'm pretty sure kids need scaffolding in how to be accepted, how to belong to a group, how to become a leader and a follower. I'm wondering if there is too much isolation with the games... kids playing those hand-held games instead of playing with real people and learning how to get along with real people.
Very scary these times are. bea

Anonymous said...

dear Marti
thanks for your thoughts
it is so very sad
love,nat