Sunday, December 2, 2007

Retraction ,Satisfaction,Restitution, Prostitution


I got up at 7 and went to Yoga.... maybe I am over-meditated.

LOL, I like that one....

The exercise has really helped me and I am back to my annoyingly chipper self.

I walked a mile ,  went and grocery shopped for my mom, took her to the Consignment Shop (yes, I brought her back, too)

I bought the girls' Big Things for Christmas.

I can't tell what it is, because they sometimes read me too.

Victoria, my little child I babysat, moved and I got laid off my tutoring job untill they get more business. I was wondering how we were going to make it, when , will wonders never cease, teachers got a raise!

So...once again the fat is pulled out of the fire, so to speak!

Are you folks from outside the Southern Limits familiar with Hoe Cakes? They are made with cornmeal fried really crispy in a pattie. They are so named because farmers in the feild used to cook them over a fire on the flat side of a hoe.

Tom makes them as a special treat every once in a while.

"Daaaaddy, " Caitlin pleads, (the longer the word, the more sincere the request), "Make me another one of those Slut Biscuits, will you?"

 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOLOL at Slut biscuits. I need to try one of those . Gaz xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Hahahaaaaaaaaaa I nearly choked on my coffee!  Slut biscuits!  ~~Kath~~

Anonymous said...

Around here we usually call it hot water fried cornbread.  But we do occasionally bake it.  

I suppose Caitlin is trying to avoid saying a dirty word.  God bless her.  

Barbara

Anonymous said...

LOL... at Caitlin!  Funny!  

ps... I thought I was sleep meme-ing!  LOL

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

My mama called them hot water corn bread. Hummm so good with beans. Wish I had some right now. Paula

Anonymous said...

OMG!  Did she really say that???  How old is she?
Yes, I have heard of (and had) hoe cakes.
Lori

Anonymous said...

They sound good to eat...guess the fire would burn off the dirt on the hoe...but then again I read somewhere that everybody eats a pound of dirt before we die. Love, Sandi

Anonymous said...

My mom use to eat those. Isent it amazing how we somehow make it?
Kelli
http://journals.aol.com/kamdghwmw/noonmom

Anonymous said...

They ate hoe cakes at Valley Forge during the revolutionary war...that's all I know about them.

Russ

Anonymous said...

cute Marti!
how is Caitlin?
love,nat

Anonymous said...

Just catching up with journals from before finals week & also my SUV rollover! Ugh!

:-)