Tuesday, August 9, 2005

our 102nd birthday party

we had our annual birthday party this weekend. Tom is 53 & I am 49,hence it is our 102nd.

I am so lucky to have the friends I cherish. I am in awe that people like Stacey will drive 2 hours to come to my party.

There are people I only see once a year,but they come like migrating birds, home to us for our birthday.

I held babies while their parents swapped stories of staying at my house when they were kids.

My great-nieces & nephews played ,making stories of their own to tell about Uncle Tom & Aunt Marti's house.

My grown nieces and nephews jokingly argued over who was my favorite...I tell all of them they are my favorite & caution them not to tell!

It was an evening full of love.

(still can't add pictures!)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

awaiting for those pics  look forward to them   another j-lander had the same problem yesterday   he eventually got a pic loaded   cya soon~kbear

Anonymous said...

I need pictures!  ...tap, tap, tap...  For the love of God, give me PICTURES!
Best,
Judith
http://journals.aol.com/jtuwliens/MirrorMirrorontheWall

Anonymous said...

Dearest Marti,
How wonderful! It sound like you were dancing wiht heavenly angels! love,natalie

Anonymous said...

How cool to add your ages together and have a party for that year....sounds like it was a great time..........Kasey

Anonymous said...

Happy combined 102!  I love family get-to-gethers but have not been able to go to one for years.  This sounded like a great time was had by all.  I liked the part about the great-nieces and nephews making stories of their own to tell.
Sam

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to both of you

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to both of you! We hope it was very enjoyable.
Bon & Mal

Anonymous said...

Happy, happy birthday to both of you.
Jude
http://journals.aol.com/JMoranCoyle/MyWay
Leo rocks!

Anonymous said...

happy belated birthday!

Tammy

Anonymous said...

Happy, Happy Birthday to you and Tom!!! ~Kori