Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Actual Incident at my House

A little background info here....
My husband is very knowledgeable on many subjects.
He reads a lot, especially history and has a photographic memory.
Unfortunately the dear boy does not sometimes realize the everyone does not share his enthusiasm at the time.
We have been known to tell annoying teenagers to "Go ask Tom about the Battle of Shiloh" knowing they will be trapped for at least a half hour.
He has the amazing ability to run off an Jehovah's Witness that has come knocking on our door, just by his enthusiasm for imparting information.
Well, the other day , I am getting out of the shower and there is no handy towel.
Dripping wet and in the state of dress that I wore when I first came into this world, I cross the living room on my way to the laundry.
Tom stops me to regale me with a tale about Winston Churchill.
I am so used to this that I stand and wait,nodding my head at appropriate points.
Now wouldn't you think he'd figure that anyone wet and naked in the living room would be on a mission of some sort? Something other that a burning need to hear about a dead man?
sigh....such is love....


17 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's pretty funny!  My hubby is a little like that.  He loves him a good Jehovah's Witness to mess with!  LOL
Traci

Anonymous said...

LOL.....good thing the Jehovah Witnesses didn't stop by~kbear

Anonymous said...

I just think he wanted to keep his naked wife a lil closer to him! lol the closer the better the pounce mentality will work! lol lol lol

Anonymous said...

Love it! Gotta love him! Hope you enjoy your celebration! Happy 4th! Have fun and be safe!
Katie

Anonymous said...

Your hubby must be handy to run off those traveling salesmen. Did he even notice you were nakkid or was he too interested in his subject? lol Paula

Anonymous said...

Roflmao! OMG we must be with twins. Mine's the same way. He loves history I have to wrestle the remote away from him if I ever want to watch anything outside of the history channel. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

My hubby would jump me first and then, a few shorter than it used to be minutes later share the Churchill story!  LOL

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

LOL!! Hope you have a happy 4th -- I know there will be lots of fun happening at the porch! Take lots of pictures! Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

Love the hat, LOL!

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

OMG, that is too funny!  Well, you gotta love a man who is passionate, albeit for history instead of his naked, dripping, wife, lol.  Happy 4th!  De ;)

Anonymous said...

that is to funny! Some guys just do not get it.
Kelli
http://journals.aol.com/kamdghwmw/noonmom

Anonymous said...

That is a hilarious little slice of life!  

Russ

Anonymous said...

He didn't stop to regale you with tales of CHurchill, he was oggling your dripping wet body! What a guy,
Barb  

Anonymous said...

Yep, he was taking advantage of you. He was not born yesterday!!! Marti. You knew that... <grin>! gotta love him. bea

Anonymous said...

    Now that's funny.
Jude
http://journals.aol.com/jmorancoyle/MyWay

Anonymous said...

I'm sure he had an ulterior motive!  ;o)  - Barbara

Anonymous said...

LOL.. it was good of you just to stand and listen.
Take care, Chrissie
http://jourals.aol.com/nay0114/almost-paradise-ii/