Sunday, July 29, 2007

Car chaos

So....my car is not well.
I had a small accident last week.
somehow, another car and I tried to share the same small section of road.
I don't know where that woman came from!
Anyway, I pulled out in front of her and she hit my back bumper.
A small dent.
My fault.
We exchanged numbers, I got a ticket, we went on our merry way.
On the way back form Florida, I was sliding all over the interstate.
It was scary.
I took LaFonda the Honda to the car doctor.
Not a big problem, need an alignment and two new back tires.
I called to check on her
I got a list as long as my arm of things that were bent
things that were broken
and an estimate of 1200$
"But it was just a little wreck!"
A lesser woman would have freaked
not me
I finished reading Harry Potter
Tom went to get poor LaFonda since we are as far from 1200$ as we are from 120,000.
"well,at least come look at the damage,"Mechanic Man said.
Tom kept standing there.
"That's not my car", he said.
There was another 02 Honda there with that damage.
Mechanic Man had mixed up the cars
or the owners!
Tom paid 120$ for 2 tires and an alignment and went home smiling!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy you got the car thing straightened out....and wasn't Potter's book a blast~kbear

Anonymous said...

OMG about the car mix-up. John just gave them his car for the towing and storage. He is lucky he didn't get a ticket. Paula

Anonymous said...

That is funny.

Anonymous said...

Happy LaFonda is a happy Honda now - with 2 new shoes and everything! Hope your tomorrow is a happy one! Take care,
Katie

Anonymous said...

I am sorry you had an accident, but glad all is okay!  And, thank goodness that mix up went in your favor!! LOL

Good basic table manners are important because they ensure that both guests and hosts are comfortable at the table. Table manners are mostly common sense.  

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Wow...so many stories involving accidents and mechanics have bad, bad endings.  So glad this worked out for the best!  (whew)

xo
Russ

Anonymous said...

What a relief for you that they mixed up the cars - my niece just had a fender bender small accident and they charged her $900 just to pull out a bump and repainted that area. take care, Sandi

Anonymous said...

I am glad that the price tag was not a hefty on! I have had mix ups like that before.
Kelli
http://journals.aol.com/kamdghwmw/noonmom

Anonymous said...

LOLOLOLOLOL Brilliant story, I bet you were nearly like the woman in my Jewelers joke!
Gaz ;-)

Anonymous said...

    $1200 for two tires are expensive tires. Glad you're back on the road and with the right vehicle. Take care, and glad to hear you weren't hurt.
Jude
http://journals.aol.com/jmorancoyle/MyWay

Anonymous said...

Now I wonder.......what the mechanic a blond?  You bet $120 is much less than $1,200.   Good for you ! Linda in Washington state  

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a happy ending! :-)

Anonymous said...

LOL Sometimes, ya get a break. Glad you had a happy ending!

PS - what did you think of the book?
:-)
Vicki

Anonymous said...

Big Difference there! Whew glad it only cost the $120. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Phew!  What a big difference!  I'm glad it was a small accident and you were not hurt.
Lori

Anonymous said...

your j.. is ok.  catch it now & then. maybe i will cl.alert.My j.. is "Walking through this Life"

Anonymous said...

Phew!! What a relief!

Linda.

Anonymous said...

wow! so ..were they quoting you damage from teh other guys wreck?that just sucks!
any how your car is ok right? love ya:)
natalie

Anonymous said...

Good thing glad it wasn't the big price.
Take care, Chrissie