Wednesday, January 26, 2005

where i am today

I have recently changed jobs, moving from a school where I had been for ten years happily being in charge of a self-contained class of mentally handicapped/emothionally disturbed children.We had a drop in enrollment & as last hired, I had to go. I went  from a tiny country school to a large downtown one, from severely handicapped children to mild Learning Disabled street smart 5th graders, from my own classroom to teaching with the general education teachers.Needless to say, it has been an adjustment. I have always bent with the wind, accepting change as the price we pay for riding the earth for a number of years, but this has been hard. I am learning more about myself & getting stronger spiritually, discovering new ways to adjsut to the inevitable.I tis getting better. Af first, I felt my co-workers were unfriendly. I am making friends, now, because I am feeling more confident. Positive thoughts attract positive actions , as well as negative ones bringing mirror images of themselves.

I went to a workshop today & the teachers sat around , taking a rare opportunity to discuss their lives.Now , we have been having a few little troubles lately, even though my husband is the sweetest man in the world. After hearing things that went on in these poised , professional women's lives, I am so glad to come home to the family I have! Sometimes the grass that looks greener is full of briars!

 

No comments: